What is a Lucky 15 bet and how does it work?
A lucky 15 is one of the most popular bets among horse racing punters, it is a fun bet which is always worth a shot if you have multiple fancies in different races. The lucky 15 bet comprises fifteen bets wagered on four horses and you do not need every horse to win to yield a return.
How Does a Lucky 15 Work?
The lucky fifteen is similar to the yankee but also includes singles. The bet consists of four horses (1, 2, 3 and 4) and places fifteen different bets on the four horses:
|Part||Selections||Number of Bets|
|Doubles||12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 34||6|
|Trebles||124, 134, 234||4|
A €1 lucky fifteen will cost you €15.
How to Workout Lucky 15 Winnings
There is a simple way to work out lucky 15 winnings. Converting the odds to decimals makes the calculation simpler. See below:
- Divide the top number in the fraction by the bottom number and plus one. (For example, 2/1 becomes 3.0 and 9/4 becomes 3.25.)
- Single bets: decimal odds x stake = return (including stake)
- Double: selection 1 odds x selection 2 odds = return (including stake)
- Treble: selection 1 odds x selection 2 odds x selection 3 odds = return (including stake)
- Four-fold: selection 1 odds x selection 2 odds x selection 3 odds x selection 4 odds = return (including stake)
Is a Lucky 15 Bet Worth it?
If you fancy four horses in different races then it is well worth placing a Lucky 15 bet. You only need one horse to strike to yield a return and payouts can be very rewarding if more than one of your selections win. The potential to win big from a small stake is one of the reasons punters love this bet.
How Does a Lucky 15 Each Way Work?
An each way lucky fifteen consists of 30 bets - 15 win bets and 15 place bets. This means that a €1 lucky fifteen bet will cost you €30. You will be paid out on places at 1/5 of the odds.
Lucky 15 vs Yankee Bet
The lucky fifteen bet is very similar to the Yankee, however the yankee does not include the four single bets.
The Yankee comprises 11 bets placed on four horses (1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Six doubles - 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 34
- Four trebles - 123, 134, 124 and 234
- A fourfold accumulator - 1234
To receive a payout, a minimum of two selections must win. A €1 Yankee will cost you ââ€11.
Our Sign Up Betting Offers & Free Bets
For more information on types of bets and betting terminology see below: